30 days ago
March for Account Abstraction Hackathon: Gelato Bounties
Join the march for Account Abstraction!
Welcome to the March for Account Abstraction hackathon! This is an exciting opportunity to showcase your skills while exploring the benefits of Account Abstraction.
This hackathon is all about bringing everyone together to encourage the development of entirely new applications or improvements across the ecosystem, with a focus on promoting Account Abstraction.
Hackathon hosts: Gelato, Safe, Superfluid, Cowswap, Gnosis Chain, Stripe, Web3Auth, Coinbase
Timeframe: March 1 - March 31st
This blog post details everything you need to know about Gelato’s bounties (including some inspiration on what to build!
For more information on the other sponsor bounties, check out the official hackathon page. Best of luck!
Integrate Gelato's Gasless Wallet SDK and/or Web3 Functions
There are the 2 options for the Gelato prize pool– winners will be selected from everyone who submits these bounties, regardless of which bounty you choose.
- 1st Place: $3000
- 2nd Place: $2000
- 3rd Place: $1000
- Runner Ups: Up to 7 runner ups, $500 each
For more information on the other sponsors' tracks, please visit the March for Account Abstraction Notion.
Option #1: Integrate Gelato’s Gasless Wallet SDK into your project for an ultra smooth onboarding UX for your users
Criteria: You must use the Gasless Wallet SDK in your project.
Description: The Gasless Wallet SDK allows your users to log in with their socials (Google, Discord etc.) using Web3Auth, and have a fully featured smart contract wallet (Gnosis Safe) deployed for them with just one click and a few lines of code from your side. This Safe wallet provides very powerful features through Account Abstraction, providing your users the luxury of not having to worry about private key management.
Ideas: Any applications of the Gasless Wallet will be considered for the prize pool, but here are some ideas for you to get started:
- NFT Minting: You can utilise Gelato Relay to achieve a fully gasless experience in combination with the Gasless Wallet by sponsoring transactions for your users our multichain payment system 1Balance.
- Combine a fiat on-ramp such as MoonPay or Transak with the Gasless Wallet to achieve an auto top up for the EOA and the smart contract wallet.
- Gasless Onboarding: Using the Gasless Onboarding methods, create a portable front-end package that allows developers to integrate with the Gasless Wallet even easier than our own SDK. Think higher-level like Tailwind CSS for CSS, or Next.js for React.
- A browser-based wallet-like extension with a simple interface to display all assets owned by the Safe Wallet deployed when using the Gasless Wallet SDK; including native and ERC-20/721 tokens. The simpler the better.
Option #2: Use Gelato’s Web3 Functions in combination with Gelato’s Gasless Wallet SDK or in combination with Gelato’s Safe Module
Criteria: You must use both Web3 Functions and/or the Gasless Wallet SDK or Gelato’s Safe Module.
Description: Gelato’s Web3 Functions allow developers to run decentralized cloud functions that connect your smart contracts to off-chain data & computation. Gelato’s Safe Module allows for automation of transactions in a trustless manner. See more information on Safe modules here.
Ideas: Any applications of Web3 Functions will be considered for the prize pool, but here are some ideas for you to get started:
- Create an automated yield harvesting smart contract wallet.
- Create limit orders using Web3 Functions with a DEX aggregator such as 1inch or ParaSwap.
- Create automated range orders on Uniswap, with a gasless experience.
For more information about Web3 Functions, check out our blog post.
Gelato x Safe Bounties
Best Safe Core SDK x Gelato Integration
Prize Pool: $1500 for winner.
Criteria: Use both Safe’s Core SDK and one (or more) of Gelato’s services, Automate, Relay, Web3 Functions, or Gasless Wallet.
The best project will be judged as the most novel and creative implementation that addresses a current gap in the market.
- Does your project’s stack actively contribute to improving UX in a meaningful way?
- Is it easy to use for new users?
- When using your project, do the three S’s ‘seamless’, ‘smooth’ and ‘simple’ come to mind?
- Is the code clean, easy-to-read with documentation, basic tests (if applicable) and forkable with a proper and concise README?
- Can the code run with a testnet deployment successfully and without hiccups?
Product Market Fit:
- Does your project satisfy a current gap in the market when it comes to improving web3’s mass adoption?
- Is your project solving this product market fit in a unique and creative way?
- Does your project solve a pet peeve of yours? If so, explain what it is and why? Note: Sometimes the best solutions are built from a user’s own frustration at the gap in the market.
For more tips on a successful hackathon with Gelato, check out our Gelato Hackathon Wiki. For more technical resources, head to our Developer Resources page or our Documentation.
Specific Tutorials can be found here:
- Creating Web3 Functions Tutorial
- Gasless Wallet SDK Tutorial
- How to send your first gasless transaction with Gelato Relay
Bring in some reinforcements
If you have any questions or would like support, jump into our Discord and say hello! Feel free to ask all hackathon-related questions in the #account-abstraction-hackathon channel.