63 days ago
Gelato is bringing its Relay infrastructure to the Polygon zkEVM Mainnet Beta!
Developers building on Polygon zkEVM will be able to offer their users gasless transactions for an optimal user experience with Gelato Relay
- Gelato is an ecosystem partner at launch on Polygon’s zkEVM!
- Gelato is deploying its Relay Network on the new Polygon zkEVM, making it possible for projects building on Polygon zkEVM to offer gasless transactions for their users.
- Gelato will soon deploy Automate and Web3 Functions so projects building on Polygon zkEVM can utilize Gelato’s full suite of services.
Why is Polygon zkEVM a game changer for builders?
Polygon zkEVM is a leading scaling solution for Ethereum that offers high performance and security through combining Zero Knowledge cryptography and is equivalent to the EVM. The main benefits include:
- Polygon zkEVM uses the power of ZK proofs to reduce transaction costs on the network, creating a better user experience for end users.
- The network leverages Polygon Zero technology, a ZK proof with high performance with fast network finality.
- The network is equivalent to the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), so builders can deploy there without needing to change their code. This means that most smart contracts, wallets, and developer tools work seamlessly so developers can focus on improving their code rather than re-writing the playbook.
- Polygon zkEVM has inherited Etheruem’s security with the added benefit of L2 batching for scaling. ZK proofs ensure that transactions are valid, user funds are protected, and that information cannot be corrupted.
Polygon zkEVM is suitable for developers building many different types of apps catering toward a variety of user experiences.
Why do projects need Gelato on Polygon zkEVM?
Gelato is deploying its Relay Network to Polygon zkEVM so that developers do not need to build their own centralized relay infrastructure and can build apps where users never need to worry about acquiring a network native token and send transactions manually to pay for gas.
Developers can also look forward to seeing Gelato Automate and Web3 Functions on the Polgyon zkEVM in the near future!
Smart contracts cannot self-execute themselves, which is where Gelato comes in to automate the execution of smart contract logic when certain conditions are met. Gelato Automate is web3’s most widely used automation solution, with over 78% market share in the decentralized smart contract automation market.
Web3 Functions are a new service from Gelato that enables developers to build serverless web3 apps without creating a single point of failure or the need to trust a centralized party to run the correct computation. They can be thought of as decentralized cloud functions that enable developers to connect their smart contracts to off-chain data, ensure this data is accurate and signed off on by multiple parties, run off-chain computation, and execute transactions. Blockchains are isolated and smart contracts cannot talk to the outside world, limiting the capabilities of web3 applications. This new service enables developers to access off-chain data and execute transactions on-chain based on this data, accelerating the adoption of web3 by making use cases more applicable to everyday users.
Want to build with Gelato on Polygon zkEVM?
Check out Polygon’s documentation for building on Polygon zkEVM. Join our Discord for support and developer discussions!